- You must be at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of application.
- You must be a United States citizen.
- You must possess a high school diploma or a GED, as approved by the Department of Education.
- You must possess a valid Commonwealth of Pennsylvania driver’s license (Class C or above) or a valid driver’s license from another state or territory at the time of application. Applicants with an out-of-state license, if hired, will be required to obtain a Commonwealth of Pennsylvania driver’s license (Class C or above) before their starting date.
- You must be physically and mentally fit to perform the duties of a police officer.
- If hired, you must be willing to adhere to the residency requirement outlined in the police officers’ collective bargaining agreement, which is to reside within five (5) nautical miles of any Municipality of Penn Hills boundary line. You will have one year from completion of the probationary period to meet the requirement. Failure to do so will result in termination of employment.
- If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference status, you must supply a copy of your DD-214 at the time of application. It will be reviewed to determine your eligibility.
- You must successfully pass all stages of the selection process. There are no exceptions.
The Municipality of Penn Hills is an Equal Opportunity Employer.