Chief Como began his law enforcement career with the Penn Hills Police Department in February of 1996 as a patrol officer assigned to the Uniform Patrol Division. He worked as a patrol officer until 2014, at which point he was promoted to patrol sergeant. Chief Como served the department as a patrol sergeant until January 1st, 2022 when he was promoted to Chief of Police
Chief Como graduated from Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania in 1992 with a Bachelors Degree in Resource Management. Following graduation, Chief Como attended the police academy at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. While attending the police academy, Chief Como worked part-time as a security guard at Carlow University. Chief Como graduated from the police academy in 1994 and continued to work for Carlow University until being hired by the Penn Hills Police Department.
Throughout his career, Chief Como made it a priority to serve the citizens of Penn Hills in a community oriented manner. Chief Como plans to continue his focus on community relations and serving the public while Chief of Police.
Below is a list of licenses, certifications, awards and organizations that Chief Como has received or belonged to over his law enforcement career.
- Certified as a Crisis Negotiator through the FBI
- Certified A.L.I.C.E. Instructor
- P.O.S.T. Member
- Certified as a Critical Incident Stress Manager
- Accommodation From the Allegheny County Chiefs of Police Association
- 2X Senator John Hines Amen Corner Award Recipient
- Boroughs and Townships Police Association
- Blue Knights International Motorcycle Club
- FOP Lodge 91